I have a terrible confession to make.
This is my first written blog post for the year and I have absolutely nothing to say. Not quite true. I have tons of stuff I could say but none of it seems to measure up.
The truth is, I haven’t written a blog post is so long I’ve forgotten how to do it, how to be myself, and how to share with you. It feels weird, bizarrely weird and slightly disconcerting.
I’m sorry guys . . . for taking such a long break.
The truth is, I never really intended to take a break. It kinda just happened. I have a problem compartmentalizing my life and when something takes focus, it takes ALL focus. Early last year I had a wedding to plan for, and shortly after the wedding I kind of disappeared for longer than was necessary. But I did return, only to jump off the train again.
Well, what had happened was . . .
I started studying Video Production Techniques, and said I would have written about it. But instead of writing about it, I ended up finishing a book a started writing in May. Thankfully I finished just before the end of the year, and I have the joy of looking forward to editing and publishing said book sometime this year. But while it was an exhilarating experience, one I wished I was present enough to take notes and blog about, I am saddened at my lack of activity and the fact that I now feel uncomfortable getting back out there.
I like my shell just a little too much!
The truth is, I need to make blogging a priority this year. I need to plan out my ramblings and actually do stuff worth writing about, right?!
Like my header quote suggests.
Sure there are other things I want to do . . . namely:
- Edit and Publish my first novel,
- Finish the first draft of my second novel and possibly start the process of publishing it,
- Develop a writing career outside on my blog and the stories I’m working on,
- Start using some of those video production techniques and share them with you,
- Release the weight I’ve somehow managed to acquire and maintain a healthy active lifestyle,
- Complete several certifications in things that interest me, things that will help me excel in my writing and in my job.
But my main focus will be YOU!
So tell me:
What would you love to read about?
What would you like to see?
What are your New Year’s resolutions, goals, and/or dreams?