Is there such a thing as setting too many goals for yourself to the point of overwhelming yourself?
I swear that’s my problem.
If I were to list out the things I want to do and achieve by the end of this year, I’d probably have to write at least 3 blog posts just to include everything.
But the thing with that is, I’m feeling overwhelmed, and I beat myself up for not accomplishing at least one of those many things that I set out to do.
And the list grows every day, can I tell you?!
I know at this point, the problem lies with my perception or my internal thought process as it relates to setting goals and achieving them. Now, I’m beginning to think of goal-setting in relation to one’s dinner.
Bare with me on this.
I was convinced sometime ago to practice portion control with food. In other words:
- go for smaller portions
- increase the amount of meals per day (for example increasing the usual 3 square meals to 5 smaller meals per day)
- eat slowly
- drink cold water before eating
Things like that which will control how much you actually eat.
Can goals be broken down like that?
- Into smaller portions of goals set for each day?
- Into goals set at different times throughout the day instead of after work only?
- Consume them slowly or set longer times to accomplish them?
- And to drink water before I start? (because I can’t think of the proverbial ‘water’ in this case)
Am I insane for thinking like this?
What do you think? Will it work?