Can I tell you? This week has been a rough week for me. Some real shitty things happened at home this week, that I had no control over (boy I tell you bout this depending on other people thing, ah sah!). And to compound the situation even more, my other half is off island, so I had to deal with everything by my lonesome . . . sigh.
So, without further preamble let me jump right into my Five Favourite things this week starting with number . . .
Not only does it mean the weekend approaches but also that my other half returns on Sunday, which is the next best thing to sliced bread right now.
2. Every now and then, when life hands you a bag of spoilt lemons (because I obviously can’t make lemonade with this week), God sends along a kind soul who brings a little light and warmth to the day.
This week, I met the most pleasant Plumber (I just gave away my first clue – yes I’m having water problems), and even though he couldn’t do much to help my situation, he was able to make light of the situation. God bless those kind souls!
But enough about me and my dreary week . . .
3. One Stop Driva! is an online magazine made from the Jamaica Observer team, which highlights the happenings, features, and attractions in and around Jamaica. It’s a very lovely and well-put-together magazine that’s both informative and entertaining. You should go check it out.
4. As per the usual, I stumbled upon this article Caribbean Filmmaking: 5 Island Spots worth the trip.
Did you know that Knight and Day starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, was filmed in Portland Jamaica? I knew that. I could spot the beach from mile away, well . . . maybe because my friends and I had taken a trip there a year before the movie came out. But still, it was such a good feeling to see a piece of your country being featured in a recent film. I knew Dr. No was filmed here but I haven’t heard of BBC’s Small Island.
So that’s my weekend homework 😉
5. Wondering what to watch tonight, since Grimm is now on Tuesday nights? Well, there is Da Vinci’s Demons on Starz which has been rather interesting to me, and annoying at times . . . put it this way, I was relieved when Lorenzo beat some sense into Leonardo, he needed that. I needed that. Lol. But it’s an interesting watch.
And now, here are my Five Favourite Blog posts that made me smile during this, the worst week ever:
1. The Alarm | thematticuskingdom.wordpress.com
2. Oh, how she cares for me | dlmchale.com
3. I like Blogging | paulinekingblog.wordpress.com
4. Weekly Photo Challenge – From Above | cynthiamcclendon.wordpress.com
5. No Land in ‘Landscape‘ | helenarollason.wordpress.com
Hope you enjoy these posts as much as I did.